Firm FAQ’s

What types of cases does your firm handle?

We primarily handle personal injury cases as well as class action/multi district litigation cases.

The term personal injury encompasses a wide array of cases-such as automobile accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, and death cases. If you have been injured and wonder if your case is one that we handle, please give us a call and you can speak with an attorney about your particular case.

The term class action/multi district litigation refers to cases that involve a large number of people from all over the country that have been affected by a common product. An example of this would be the BP spill, which has affected numerous individuals and businesses along the gulf coast. Another example would be a drug that is on the market, which has been linked to undesired symptoms and/or death.

Do you handle successions and wills?

Yes, we do.  If there has been a death in your family and you need a succession, we can handle this for you.  We also draft wills, power of attorneys and notarize documents.

What type of experience does your firm have?

Our firm has decades of experience in handling personal injury claim, as well as class action/multi district litigation claims.

We have successfully handled 18-wheeler cases, brain injury cases, cases involving the loss of a limb, cases involving broken limbs and many death cases. Additionally, we have also handled numerous class action and multi district litigation cases-of note, we are currently involved in the BP litigation, Transvaginal Mesh litigation, Actos, Granuflo, Incivek, Infuse and Mirena, to name a few.

If I’m injured in a car accident, what damages am I entitled to collect?

This largely depends in each individual and the extent of the injuries. However, the most common damages that we are able to collect consist of the following: pain and suffering, missed work, damages for not being able to perform activities that you normally could (i.e. exercising, attending events) medical expenses, and mileage expenses that are incurred for medical treatment.

Also, many people do not know this, but if you have a spouse and/or children, they may also be entitled to collect damages for what’s called loss of consortium. That’s just a fancy term that means your spouse and/or children are not able to interact with you the way they could before you were injured and for this, they can also collect damages.

If I’m injured in an accident and would like to retain your firm, how much do I have to pay?

There is no upfront fee. In fact, we only get paid if we settle your claim.  Any fees and expenses will be taken from the settlement, so the client never has to pay anything up front.

How long will it take to settle my case?

This depends on the injury.  If the injury is minor, and the symptoms are capable of resolving with routine physical therapy treatment, the case can be settled within a couple of months and even sooner in some cases.  However, if the injury is one that is severe, the case will likely take much longer to settle.  This is because we have to ensure that you receive the proper medical attention and make sure that we know the extent of your injury, and whether you will have future limitations that will prevent you from working and/or limit you in any other way.  Our goal is to ensure that you are adequately compensated for the injury that you have sustained, and to put you in the best possible position to cope with any limitations and/or disabilities that you may now have.

Where are your offices located?

We are located in Shreveport, Lafayette and New Orleans.